When you think of country love songs, you probably think about the classics. The conventional country love songs. The songs that will come up in various lists if you were to Google “country love songs”. The songs that we all know. The songs that we hear at weddings. Some of those songs are:
“Amazed” by Lonestar
“Forever and Ever, Amen” by Randy Travis
“When You Say Nothing At All” by Keith Whitley
“I Swear” by John Michael Montgomery
There is no denying that these songs are the greatest love songs in the country music industry. I mean, they are the most frequent songs on “country love songs” playlists. We have all listened to these songs throughout our lives. We have sweet memories associated with these songs. These songs are our wedding songs. These songs may be “our song” in a relationship. These songs make us think of someone special every time we listen.
I will always be a fan of the love ballads by George Strait, John Michael Montgomery, Randy Travis and more. However, I would like to expose you to a new list of country love songs. The unconventional country love songs. The love songs that are never included on any playlist or blog post. I refer to these as the “unconventional country love songs” because they are romantic, sincere and expressive but they just aren’t the “classics”.
Unconventional Country Love Songs
- She’s Got This Thing About Her by Chris Young
- Making My Way To You by Cole Swindell
- What A Beautiful Day by Chris Cagle
- Late To The Party by Kacey Musgraves
- You Can’t Make This Up by Blake Shelton
- You Make It Look So Easy by Eric Church
- Like It’s The Last Day by Phil Vassar
- It Did by Brad Paisley
- Don’t Leave Her (If You Can’t Let Her Go) by Chris Young
- Hey Pretty Girl by Kip Moore
- Shameless by Garth Brooks
- Beautiful Every Time by Lee Brice
- She Don’t Tell Me To by Montgomery Gentry
- Fall Into Me by Emerson Drive
- She’s More by Andy Griggs
- I Wouldn’t Be A Man by Josh Turner
- Like Jesus Does by Eric Church
- I Melt by Rascal Flatts
- More Of You by Chris Stapleton
- Perfect by Sara Evans
This list contains songs from a variety of decades, artists and styles. The songs on the unconventional country love songs list were chosen because of the melody, the meaning in the lyrics and they way they make me think about love. If you haven’t listened to these songs, I hope that I have inspired you to do so. I hope that you think of someone special when you listen to these songs.
Amy Saunders says
Yee-haw! I feel so much excited now after learning that there are indeed so many female country artistes who made such amazing pieces of songs in the genre which resonate to everyone including me. Since I’ve been working from home for months now, I always listen to country music to brighten up my mood. I’ll definitely check out the songs listed here so I could enjoy them later on.