Mark Chesnutt has new music on the way. The new album Outlaw will be available on June 22nd. The album will be made up of covers of some of the songs made famous by Mark’s heroes. The set is sure to be a hit like most of Mark’s previous releases. This collection seems to have a special meaning to Mark.
GACTV reports on Mark Chesnutt’s Outlaw:
“When I was first approached to record this CD, my reaction wasn’t just ‘yes,’ but ‘hell, yeah,’” Chesnutt said. “I cut my teeth on this kind of music and it’s an opportunity [that might not have otherwise presented itself] for me to pay tribute to some of my biggest heroes in country music.”
Mark’s last album included the top 30 hit Rollin’ With The Flow. The song was a cover of the Charlie Rich hit from the ’70s. There is no doubt Mark draws inspiration from some of the greatest men in country music from the ’60s and ’70s.
Mark has continued releasing new music and touring for the past 15 years. He hasn’t had a top ten hit since 1999’s Aerosmith cover I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing, but he’s been releasing some of the best traditional country music in the years since. Outlaw is getting a lot of buzz in media circles and fans of traditional country seem eager to hear what Mark has collected on the album.
Based on the success of Rollin’ With The Flow along with Mark’s traditional roots and pure voice the new album Outlaw is sure to be a big hit.
Mark Chesnutt – Outlaw
No. Title Writer(s) Length
1. “Black Rose” Billy Joe Shaver 2:53
2. “Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound” Hank Williams, Jr. 3:14
3. “Only Daddy That’ll Walk the Line” Ivy J. Bryant 2:34
4. “A Couple More Years” Dennis Locorriere, Shel Silverstein 4:43
5. “Need a Little Time Off For Bad Behavior” David Allan Coe, Bobby Keel, Larry Latimer 2:54
6. “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down” Kris Kristofferson 4:49
7. “Are You Ready for the Country” Neil Young 2:31
8. “Lovin’ Her Was Easier (Than Anything I’ll Ever Do Again)” Kristofferson 4:10
9. “Country State of Mind” Roger Alan Wade, Williams, Jr. 3:54
10. “Freedom To Stay” Bill Hoover 3:24
11. “Bloody Mary Morning” Willie Nelson 3:53
12. “Desperados Waiting For a Train” Guy Clark 6:33
Mark Chesnutt Outlaw song list courtesy of Wikipedia
For more on Mark’s new album see:
Mark Chesnutt Outlaw New Album 2010
Leave a Reply